Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: You can apply to OCPDonly on this thread
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:05 pm 

Hi

I'd like to join OCPDonly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:43 am 

Hi,

I'm new to these forums but it has been suggested that I have OPCD and after reading up on it a bit it makes sense to me. I really need some help deciding what to do next. As you can see from my user name, I am really struggling to make decisions of any kind lately.

Thanks,
Ben

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:50 pm 

I would to apply to ocpd only I am not to computer smart help me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:56 pm 

i would like to be apart for this thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:26 pm 

Please add me as

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Quote:
Please add me as

I have two concerns:

1. I need more information why you think you have OCPD
2. Your username looks like part of a real name to me. If so, would you sign up with a different email address and anonymous user name? Using parts of real names isn't allowed. You can send me a PM (private message) using the message system if you'd like.

Sincerely, Paul
OCPD forum manager

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:41 pm 

Please add me to the thread. My name is ******. I am 41. I was diagnosed with OCD at age 14. The OCD was not very manageable until around age 15 when my psychiatrist at UAB (Tom Vaughan,MD) was able to enroll me in the anafranil trial with the NIH through Judith Rappaport, MD. The anafranil took the edge off of some of the uncontrollable compulsions so I could function. As I approached adulthood they changed my diagnosis to OCPD with chronic depression. This is aggravated by some pituitary gland issues originating from a pituitary tumor in 1994. Please consider adding me to this thread. Thank you!

Last edited by OCPDmanager on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edited to remove name

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:53 pm 

Recently, for the first time a psychiatrist was able to diagnose me with OCPD. Previous counselors were helpful, but had not made such a diagnosis. It's good to know that there is such a diagnosis and that I am not alone. It'd be good to share how others are dealing with this. Please add me to this board.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:33 pm 

OCPD seems to explain a lot about me. In the way I often approach projects, the details become so important to me that I lose focus on the purpose. In the past I considered my approach to be right / the best, then I considered it unique and effective, and now I'm starting to see that I probably succeed in spite of the difficulty that it adds. I find it almost impossible to delegate, which I realize will only make things harder and harder for me. I also find that I often choose not to engage in activities because I know how I will approach them (in an extremely detailed manner that takes an inordinate amount of time and that sometimes takes the fun out for others). I'm hoping to talk with others who struggle in these ways...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:35 pm 

I believe I have OCPD because I looked at the official diagnosis criteria and I met the required amount of symptoms. I am an absolute perfectionist and have done so much research and taken so many notes on so many topics. Also, I absolutely know the difference between OCD and OCPD. OCD is like having another person inside of you that you don't like and want out. OCPD is like having another person inside of you that you like and want to fully become.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:29 pm 

Approval request:

Hello,
Through recent work with my therapist I have been diagnosed with OCPD and anxiety. As you can likely tell I am trying to manage some things in my life better and I am hoping being surrounded with others who experience like things may bring comfort and help. Please let me know if additional information is needed.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:48 am 

I've put off asking this because I don't really know what to say.

I have OCPD, and am actively trying to learn how to maximize the benefits of my condition while minimizing the ... shortfalls. I would like to join, please.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:55 am 

I was just diagnosed a little over a week ago and would like to be added, please.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:42 am 

Is there a special subforum with topics only ocpder's can see/access?

Thanks, I'd like to join and be a part.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Freedom,

You can tell you're already in the group because your nickname is green. It allows access to the "OCPDonly" forum listed a few lines below the "main" board. Unfortunately, there haven't been any posts there in quite a few months.

You might join the Facebook OCPD group here:

OCPD Support group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocpd.support/

Recently there have been quite a few posts there by as many as 15 or 20 different OCPDers, sharing their experiences. A lot of good sharing there. It's a closed group (not viewable by the public) but I'd still be cautious about using your real name.

Sincerely, Paul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next