Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: "What is the Oddest Thing you were criticized for?"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:58 pm 

"Can you please pull your side of the sheets back down once you get out of bed so they're not lying on top of me?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:01 pm 

Letting my daughter drink too much water, such that she wet her diaper on the car ride. Apparently I did this deliberately to vex him.

Putting a little spoon in with the big spoons- a sign of disrespect which merited a 15 minute lecture and much sighing and head-shaking out of him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm 

Calling my car, "MY CAR". It led to an hour long lecture on how it is "OUR CAR".....well -unless there are mechanical problems like this week and then it returned to being "YOUR CAR. I pointed that out to him, which led to a minor blowout about how "I just can't let it go".

Hi - I am new to the group...I have my first appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow, I am beyond depressed and moved to another state with my boyfriend(?) who from what I can tell has OCPD.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:41 am 

I was not criticized for it but our tenants were. LEAVING THE GATE OPEN.

Now what makes this odd is this: The gate has no lock or even a latch. Who the heck cares if its left open or closed!!!!!?????? And what made the criticism even MORE odd, is that HE DOESN'T CLOSE IT HIMSELF! Duuuuhhhhh!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:52 am 

These are from my father:

- No red clothing, nailpolish or lipstick. Red is the color of communism.
- Don't be too loud, but don't be too shy either. Definitions of where that fell changed ALL the time.
- You must roll up the power windows before he turns off the ignition. I'd get tense as we pulled into a space and then scramble to roll up the window before he switched off. Forcing him to have to turn the ignition back on caused damage to the starter and engine, and was wasteful of gas. :roll:
- When I was 15, we were in a fender-bender with a guy who then drove away. All I could tell about him was that he had olive skin and a mustache, and would not be able to pick him out of a lineup of other olive skinned, mustachioed men, and admitted as much to the policeman who was taking the report. Apparently, this was "disloyal" to my father, which was not mitigated by the fact that I managed to capture the license plate number on my hand with a pen before the guy drove away.
- I breathe too loud.

ETA: Not aimed at me, but my ex-husband once criticized an ex-girlfriend for peeing "too loudly" and in an "unladylike" way.

"Grow or die, baby. Grow or die."

---
Cammer = 66

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:00 am 

Being too particular with my sleeping habits. I have to have complete darkness, a fan running , i can't have another person touch me, even a hand, when I am actually trying to keep, I must have a sheet and blanket not just blanket, I can't sleep completely naked, the door has to be closed and i have to sleep on the edge of the bed.

when I type all of them out they do seem a little too particular/controlling. It is hard for me to pick up on these things about myself unless forced to.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. --- Buddha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:38 pm 

My husband has all kinds of sleeping rules....similar to what daniel described above. We sleep in separate bedrooms now, thank GOD. It is so much better.

One of the odd ones is that he will tell me some evenings "tomorrow I want to sleep in so don't bother me, ok?"

sigh....I don't "bother" him. He just means that since he wants to sleep in, he has to tell me the "rule" about "not bothering him", which is another way of saying "don't wake me up".

When I laugh at him and say "I never bother you OR wake you up, you are typically up before I am, so why are you making a point to TELL me not to bother you?"

Blink blink, deer in headlights. He doesn't really know why he says this, but I do. He simply can't NOT state the "rule", that's all there is to it. The rule is a rule whether or not anyone has ever broken it before and the rule MUST be stated out loud, even if there is no way anyone ever would try to or want to break it. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:37 pm 

Walking into the living room when he was talking to a friend on the phone in the kitchen. I was criticized for spying on his conversation?!?!?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:38 pm 

Not asking the lady who cleans our house (has been with my family for 15 years) to replace a wine glass she broke by accident... because "otherwise, she'll never learn; there are no repercussions".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:10 pm 

Putting the bird feeder 10 feet under the electrical/telephone wire line because the birds perching on the wires could wear the protective coating off. I call this manufactured anxiety.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:40 pm 

accidentally splashing water on the kitchen floor while washing dishes. Apparently I have no grace in washing dishes... lol

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:43 pm 

Not putting a Tin of baked beans in the carousel so the label could be clearly read. Its bloody obvious when its a heinz tin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:41 pm 

Scrubbing/washing a pot in our stainless steel kitchen sink in our new house. Was told to put a towel down underneath the pot first, so as not to scratch up the sink.

Throwing out empty bottles of shampoo, dish soap, toothpaste, etc., when he could eek out maybe one more little bit...would dig these out of the trash to prove his point.

Going 20 mph down the gravel/dirt road that leads to our house, when I should be going no more than 10-15 mph.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:36 am 

The following is all from one day, my most recent birthday:

--For turning off my cell phone. I was running errands. I told him exactly where I was going and gave him addresses (in an effort to avoid his restrained paranoia). He called me twice and got the voicemail. In my defense, my battery was very low and it was about to cut off. I thought I'd save a little power and turn it on as needed. He hung up on me once he knew where I was and when I'd be back.

--For sending the shirt he was going to wear to the cleaners. I was supposed to have known that he planned on wearing it.

--I had asked him to watch our children on my birthday. I didn't remind him of the schedule. When the kids came home from their grandparents, he was confused, apparently upset and very critical. He hung up on me after expressing his disgust.

--For walking too fast. (However, in the past, I was criticized for walking too slow.)

--For wearing a skirt he thought was too short. The length was to my knees. He wanted me to put on pants, before we went out together to celebrate my birthday. (I would say he was having a bad day...but this is most days for me!!)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:40 am 

MC1312 wrote:
placing the frozen food in the same grocery bag with the foods that needed to be kept cold. The only cold foods would suck the frozen out of the frozen foods making them unusuable during that 5 minute ride from store to home.

HAHAHAHAHA! If you live in Texas you ALWAYS put the cold things and the frozen things together for the 5 minute ride home...helps keep everything colder, longer. If it's REALLY HOT, like 104+ degrees you bring a COOLER and put it ALL in there...TOGETHER! :o

Key:
EF--enabling father
ES--enabling sister
FOO--Family of origin
Flying Monkey-- A person who is sent out by the OCPD-er to guilt, harass and hoover you by proxy for the OCPD-er's benefit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next