Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186  Next
 Post subject: Re: RT Lift-off...RikkiTikki's Chronicle
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:30 pm 

Over the top, even for me. LOL

it is a natural high, but my diet lately? Anything but.
Today I realized that I had the ingredients for a Fox's wedgie - 2 leftover pieces of pizza, lunchmeat, cheese lettuce and salad dressing. No microwave, so I tested out my new griddle on my new stove. Fabulous! Everyone here raved about it. I ate it when I was hungry, washed the dishes and left them to dry themselves. No one made a disparaging remark, sighed, looked angry or smelled up the place with a steaming pile of poo!! Juju, I'm freezing a slice of this to share with you - when you are ready, whenever it is; I'm a patient pal. I will have this slice of peaceful pie ready and waiting for you, my friend!

Just as I know that you will be ready with a hug when I stumble down from my little high.

The beginning: rt-lift-off-rikkitikki-s-chronicle-t5072-2775.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:16 am 

RikkiTikki wrote:
Over the top, even for me. LOL

it is a natural high, but my diet lately? Anything but.
Today I realized that I had the ingredients for a Fox's wedgie - 2 leftover pieces of pizza, lunchmeat, cheese lettuce and salad dressing. No microwave, so I tested out my new griddle on my new stove. Fabulous! Everyone here raved about it. I ate it when I was hungry, washed the dishes and left them to dry themselves. No one made a disparaging remark, sighed, looked angry or smelled up the place with a steaming pile of poo!! Juju, I'm freezing a slice of this to share with you - when you are ready, whenever it is; I'm a patient pal. I will have this slice of peaceful pie ready and waiting for you, my friend!

Just as I know that you will be ready with a hug when I stumble down from my little high.

Hey, I will step outside of my dietary constraints to have that slice with you! Wow! Nobody to tell you that you stacked the dishes wrong or followed up after you to pick up crumbs off the floor. Sounds like heaven!

And I will have that hug ready when you need it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:54 am 

Just posted a reply to Lambkins' most recent post about a narcissistic religious leaders who was fired and the seemingly backward take that the community has. I'm still interested and still wanting to understand, but much less imperative and excessive than before.

I'm just noticing in myself how much different I feel now that I've gotten out of my own head a little. The "less thinking; more doing" mantra is good for me. Realistically, the move and set up of my place has me so physically busy I don't have time to think much.

I feel better, healthier, lighter not trying to (obsessively) figure things out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:04 am 

RikkiTikki wrote:

I feel better, healthier, lighter not trying to (obsessively) figure things out.

All I can say to that is YAY!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:38 pm 

Not missing my H.

How can that be? We were a "couple" for over 25 years. I care about him, but I don't miss interacting with him. He isn't the first person I think of when I want to share an event from the day or a story or bounce an idea off or get a second opinion. He's just not.

He doesn't make me feel accepted or loved or good about myself. He made me feel more lonely, not less. Yep. Being alone is less lonely than being with someone who doesn't give you what you need emotionally.

It is pretty sad- though I don't feel sad. I feel relieved and good in my own skin.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:58 pm 

This is how I felt too. I felt bad that I didn't feel bad...I didn't miss my H. A few months after separation I sat next to him at a school function...I remember thinking that I felt NOTHING toward the person next to me and was a bit stunned by it.

I was also much less lonely on my own - it was almost an immediate shift from the deep loneliness I felt in my marriage.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:48 pm 

RikkiTikki wrote:
Not missing my H.

How can that be? We were a "couple" for over 25 years. I care about him, but I don't miss interacting with him. He isn't the first person I think of when I want to share an event from the day or a story or bounce an idea off or get a second opinion. He's just not.

He doesn't make me feel accepted or loved or good about myself. He made me feel more lonely, not less. Yep. Being alone is less lonely than being with someone who doesn't give you what you need emotionally.

It is pretty sad- though I don't feel sad. I feel relieved and good in my own skin.

This makes complete sense to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:57 pm 

I'm with you RT and LTF- I see my ex husband all the time and feel nothing for him. I have never felt so lonely as I was the past few years of my marriage. Amazing how that can be when you live with someone but they are not a true spouse.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:02 pm 

And on a side note - I also wonder if that profound loneliness contributed to me over compromising myself in an effort to make a connection with my H. I can't tell you how much HEALTHIER I feel not living under the weight of that lonely feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:33 pm 

What a tool. An emotional abuse tool - the sucking black hole vortex.

The void, lack of emotional connection causes us to over-reach, over-compromise, over-do; ultra- focused on HIM. Still to be left lacking, longing and coming up short. Lonely while completely consumed with HIM. Lonely with no time alone.

I begin to feel more filled-up (self-satisfied) when not having my being vacuumed out.
--------
The lack of enmeshment - like choking vines removed.
Introspection, soul searching, self-blame, rehashing of childhood, scrutiny of FOO - just unnecessary now. Suddenly there's not so much "wrong" with me.
--------
I'm happy to be sharing this part of the healing with you. Interesting that these feelings resonate, just as many things on the other side did. You guys just "get it" in ways that family and friends IRL simply (thankfully for them) can not.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:40 pm 

That was profound, RT. Thank you for sharing.

-lily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:12 pm 

Thanks, Lily! You and the other girls inspired me - it's sort of like creepy poetry, no? LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:20 am 

It is not creepy RT- it is your truth. And I agree that there isn't so much wrong with you- a bad relationship can make us feel like that at times, but you are discovering that you are whole and complete and worthy. Thank you for sharing it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 am 

Maybe not creepy poetry...dark? Sad? I'm beginning to understand the impact that my relationship had on me. Having been on the receiving end of so much blame, I make an effort not to do that to others. (Plus the conditioning of never being allowed to hold H responsible or call him out on his behaviors-"blame" to him).

I see think now the obvious wording that I did not use yearerday is: "I do not miss my abuser." That is still difficult for me to use the label.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:34 pm 

Wow! This IS profound! And I cant wait to join you, to not have to worry about dotting my i's and crossing my t's. Soul freedom. And I cant wait to flirt again. I dont want to actually date anybody, but being able to smile at someone, get a look or SOMETHING. That would be nice again. That's all I will want for a long while anyway. I am going to reread these posts over and over. It is so encouraging.

Editing to add that I do feel relief when dh comes home at night, but not because it is him. It is help. But I dont miss HIM. It could be anyone else. Sad huh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186  Next