Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Update for Guy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:50 am 

Now Divorced after 24 years. Thanks for all the support from both sides of the board. OCPD won as always. Found this site years ago. It helped me understand it but not help it. That wasnt my job , that was my ex partners job. My advice would be give a partner 6 months and plan your exit. Chances are the only thing that changes is they get worse.
I am happy to move on.

Post subject: Re: Update for Guy
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:10 am 

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your update. Even though I am still a relative newbie, I am always so thankful when people post updates. It keeps me grounded and moving forward. I see you are now divorced after 24 years. I filed after 26 years. And you are correct, at least compared to my case, that they get worse as time goes on. I wished I had discovered that OCPD existed as a condition and found this forum years ago. It would have helped me so much. But alas, things happened as they were destined to happen. It's inspiring to see that you are looking forward to a happy life! It will be a long while before I can truly move forward as the divorce process for me is becoming more complicated as we go. Hopefully there will be an end in sight. Best of Luck to you!

Movingon

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:12 pm 

Location: OBX, NC, 'Merica, Earth, Milky Way, Local Galactic Group
Hey Guy,
Welcome to relationship freedom. I'm surprised, I suppose pleasantly, that your divorce was quicker than mine which took almost 3 years after separation.
I have no regrets that I got out, only that I chose a partner who wasn't compatible long-term in personality and whose anxious traits I did not understand before I committed.
We had 15 good years, 8 okay years, and 10 difficult years. OCPD definitely gets worse over time as thinking/behaviors become more disordered/dysfunctional and set.
I too wish you luck and enjoyment of life again.....

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:05 am 

Hey, guy. I hardly know whether to say "I'm sorry," or "Congratulations." I hope this ending is the beginning of something really positive for you.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:56 pm 

Reality cheque, still not out of the woods financially, waiting for a managed consent order here to go through. Hopefully in the next 2 months.

Aprilshowers, yes its sad when the divorce comes through but all it really means is I can re -marry. I am looking forward to the future and I am used to sleeping on my own which I found the hardest part, now I love having the bed to myself. We are getting on ok still .She is renting a flat thats financially out of her depth but that doesnt surprise me. Members of her family have told me she isnt earning enough, but what a surprise she works half the hours I work, go figure. They claim she has health problems ie high blood pressure, has she doesnt anything about it? , nope , not even seen a Doctor. This is not my problem and I do still care but I am not being lead on anymore.