Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186
 Post subject: Re: RT Lift-off...RikkiTikki's Chronicle
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:29 pm 

Yeah, I know that nasty *****. She needs the crap kicked out of her.
I am posting here as a non-perfect mom. I have made mistakes. I have made a lot of mistakes. It took years for my kids to come back and say you did OK, Mom, thanks. That interim period was pure hell for me. I constantly doubted my abilities and my choices. I still have that voice in my head but she is helping me see where I could have done better and I'm doing better... one day at a time.
I hope your interim period is short.
((HUGS))

-Lily

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:24 pm 

Maybe it does just take some time. My children are checking in. My DD has come by and stayed longer than sh planned. She has vented. She has told me that she understands. My DS just asks how I'm doing and if things are getting easier and says that he loves me.

It is ok. It will get better. They have a safe and peaceful space with me. If I have to do the reaching out - ok. Pretty normal. I will not wait for them to choose beds any longer. I think they just need me to set it up for them. I can do that.

So what are we going to do with nasty *****? Just keep reminding ourselves and each other that she is insecure and full of BS. Then we are going to find a way to speak it out loud. Expose our vulnerability-shine a light on the monster in the closet. Suddenly that kicks the wind right out of nasty *****. The rational thoughts take over. That makes room for us to be able to appreciate the reality of a situation - like the REAL feedback from my kids. It makes space for the light to shine in.

We are good moms and learning to be human and flawed and maybe better moms because of that.

The beginning: rt-lift-off-rikkitikki-s-chronicle-t5072-2775.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:44 pm 

post79114.html#p79114

Yeah...I did :)

The beginning: rt-lift-off-rikkitikki-s-chronicle-t5072-2775.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186