Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: You think your shit don't stink?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 pm 

Hello

The OCPD is a gift for me. I made a long therapy (several years) and this is my result. Firstly I saw only the negative aspects but now I can see the positive attitudes of OCPD.

Post subject: Re: You think your **** don't stink?
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:43 am 

Me, myself, and I had to re read this thread, and I came across this wonderful statement by Whitelightning that seems to ( me ) to be perfect.....

here is that quote,,,,,

" I think an important step in overcoming the challenges of OCPD thinking is to avoid the assumption that a criticism of your opinion is an attack on your self."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:53 am 

SOHC wrote:
Me, myself, and I had to re read this thread, and I came across this wonderful statement by Whitelightning that seems to ( me ) to be perfect.....

here is that quote,,,,,

" I think an important step in overcoming the challenges of OCPD thinking is to avoid the assumption that a criticism of your opinion is an attack on your self."

Yup. And for me, there was a corollary to learn: "Not everyone who loves me agrees with me, and not everyone who agrees with me loves me."

Peace is the result of training your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be. ~ Wayne Dyer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:55 am 

I developed OCPD before I met my imperfect wife, and realized upon becoming self aware that - aside from possessing typical human flaws - my wife was not at all contributing to our fundamental relationship problems. While she and I can benefit from adopting behaviors that foster healthy conflict resolution, my OCPD eliminated the possibility of us getting to that point.

Both our **** stinks (everyone's does), and I was packing a Mammoth **** to boot.

While I too hesitated to respond, this post is one I may have made earlier on and regretted later.
Did it follow the True&kind&necessary test? Mine (emails) rarely did.

Al Bernstein: 13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:53 am 

I think the dialogue is important, but everyone should have enough free space for themselves. Nobody should monopolize the other and say him, as it should be, not even in a relationship. Every person is different. OCPD is also a protective function.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:35 am 

@Yerzel,

This is a bit old, but I have enjoyed your insights and wonder, if you are ok with it, what is it that you find in OCPD that resembles a gift?

Al Bernstein: 13