Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Gift of OCPD!??!?!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:29 pm 

I am a new member, as of today, 9/9/13. I am still unfamiliar with the site, so please bear with me as I traverse this unfamiliar ground. First, is there a spell checker? I find myself rereading everything I type and checking for errors.

If you haven't already concluded, I have OCPD. This is my first attempt to reach out in a group setting as I tend to avoid group settings most of the time. I am hoping, desperately, that I may be able to connect with individuals who understand the thoughts and way of doing things that are my mantras. I have found that as I age, it worsens. This scares me.

I used to think having OCPD was a gift--straight A's, perfectionism, tidy, clean, organized, type-A personality, high achiever, driven, motivated--all words that apply to me. However, there is a polar opposite to all of these--constant feeling of failure, substandard, never good enough, never perfect, double-checking, doubt, inadequate--all the feelings I feel but never express.

I am losing my connection with my young daughter because I am so uncomfortable with affection and emotion. I am losing the love of my life because my expectations are so high for myself and him; the idea of being alone sounds so nice, yet at the same time he makes me smile. I have no idea how to relax. I am simply floundering and tears fall down my face in my solitary room where no one can see me cry because heaven forbid anyone should know what a failure I feel like for not being able to control my emotions, my relationships, my feelings, everything.

P.S. My Cammer score is 86.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:14 pm 

Hi Ariah,

Welcome. You may want to register with the OCPD-only board. This board is open for all, but is probably not the best place for you right now, as it tends to focus on describing the pain and difficulties non's experienc ein dealing with an OCPD partner or parent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:26 pm 

kidkimbo wrote:
Even a university psychology professor who teaches diagnosis assessment shares the blog to his students. and so on...

A psychology professor who teaches at the university in Switzerland has your link too - from me. I know him. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:07 am 

OCPD is no gift. You don't function healthily under it's grip, regardless of any aspect of this Disorder that can be isolated and painted in a favorable light.

Zero traffic jams would be an aspect of nuclear armageddon, but I can't imagine a case where pointing that out as a gift has any relevance whatsoever. It merely serves as ironic evidence of the influence of OCPD.

Al Bernstein: 13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:47 am 

OCPD may be a gift, but it´s different. It is a matter of perspective. Blessing and curse. Prison and freedom. Both.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6