Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: The strange rules of my OCPD-er.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:32 pm 

I've remembered a few more rules:

THOU SHALL NOT DRINK ALCOHOL OF ANY SORT…EVER!!!!
Imbibing even ONE sip of beer qualifies you for AA.
Beer drinking implies that you are a caveman and of limited intelligence.

Grilling hamburgers or chicken is only to be done once a year as it is a messy terrible business.
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are RIBS to be grilled….they are too difficult to eat and using your hands is inappropriate. If you have to use 2 napkins it is an unacceptable food.
If grilling does occur, the grill must be FULLY SANITIZED afterward by scrubbing it with Comet for a minimum of 2 hours…with a special wire brush. EF will be made to do the scrubbing or one of the (then) teens. OCPD mom hates the grill…it is the devil's instrument….very similar in ways to the EVIL sock balls.
Having people over that are not related by marriage or blood is a cause for PANIC and full house sanitation. Everyone in the household MUST run around doing OCPD mom's bidding and cleaning..even if everything is already clean.
Having company means that the house must be white glove inspection ready and OCPD mom must bark out orders like a drill sergeant all the while having her ego stroked as to how great of a job she is doing…making Pillsbury crescents from a Whomp-roll…yum, yum!

Key:
EF--enabling father
ES--enabling sister
FOO--Family of origin
Flying Monkey-- A person who is sent out by the OCPD-er to guilt, harass and hoover you by proxy for the OCPD-er's benefit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:06 pm 

Whomp roll. Eheheh :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:55 pm 

I agree these rules are a huge problem and totally unfair and harmful to the nons.

But let's say the door painting thing, if you wanted to paint the doors because they needed it, and your OCPD'r ended up feeling -after you were done- that they 'still' needed the touch up, would you be put off in any way if they then took it upon themselves to paint them?

Is it redoing your stuff if ...
A- They let you do it (I know you can dream right?)
B- You let them do it

Al Bernstein: 13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:56 pm 

Location: SoCal - 5 yrs moved out/4 1/2 yrs broken up w/6 year live-in with OCPD b-f.
OCPD_Husband_SoCal wrote:
But let's say the door painting thing, if you wanted to paint the doors because they needed it, and your OCPD'r ended up feeling -after you were done- that they 'still' needed the touch up, would you be put off in any way if they then took it upon themselves to paint them?

It would depend on how it was approached.

If it was, "Honey, do you mind if I go over this door for one more pass?" I'd be fine, especially if it did not become a project that lasted hours and hours. Y'all go paint your little heart out, I'll go read a book or do something else.

If it was, "I see you can't even manage to do something simple like painting a door properly, so now I'm going to have to do it," in a martyred or condescending tone, it would tick me off.

If it now became a project that made us late for another engagement, or now we had to cancel something fun we had planned to do together, I would look at it as an excuse to avoid doing whatever, and I would be hurt/annoyed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:24 pm 

Sounds reasonable Love, so long as his need to ask if you mind is balanced with your need to ask him if it's ok to do it in the first place. I believe by his 'asking you' that you are more focused on his being sensitive to your feelings than in your needing to give permission.

If the avoiding stuff is happening to you, my heart goes out to you.

Thank for the response!

Al Bernstein: 13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:11 am 

Mexico23 wrote:
2 dryer sheets, not 1, not 3 (that's just wasteful)

Reminds me of the scene from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail":

Quote:
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number to be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:47 pm 

Thanks for this post. It had me laughing out loud because I can so closely relate to a lot of them!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 am 

Thou shalt only offer espresso, any other kind of caffeinated beverage is of the devil. No margarine shalt be rendered fit for consumption, nor anything other than whole milk and dark chocolate. Cookies without nuts should be shunned even when offered as a gift by thy tiniest grandchild. It must be rudely spat upon the ground as it is not on the holy food list. Bacon must be rendered flat and chewy not crispy and not fatty. It is fully unpalatable otherwise and causes such distress as to ensure the wrath of god.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:52 pm 

Ha ha ha!!!!
This is awesome.

Thou shalt never boil hotdogs- only grill them.
Thou shalt always use the toaster oven to bake things that require baking, the regular oven takes too long to hear up and is a waste of energy. The regular oven may only be used for items not fitting in the toaster oven- such as a roast or cupcakes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:17 pm 

[quote="StoptheMadness"] He likes me to do the dirty work

I know about being the dirty work monkey. Its so ironic too because he's the "man" but not man enough to lodge a simple complaint! Says he's not a "people's person" so whenever there's a problem he always sends me to deal with it. I usually do, simply to avoid the drama of him being a total *** and embarassing himself and me in the process!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:41 am 

Thou shalt not...

...comment on his double standards - regarding anything from criticism, morals and behavior, to cleaning.
...ever question his judgement
...say or do anything that demonstrates free will
...be good enough, as it will give him nothing to criticize, nothing to rise above.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:37 am 

Thou shalt not boil water with the pan not exactly centered over the flame. The lid has to be on or thou wilt waste energy and time.

Thou shalt not have an issue with using microwave ovens....even though that's how our grandmothers cooked. If you have an kssue, you are going off the deep end. Also, see energy and time waste above.