Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: OCPDonly is a private forum only for those with OCPD
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:52 am 
Site Admin

OCPDonly is a forum only for those with OCPD. If you're a loved one of one with OCPD, don't apply.

In posting a message to apply, please include a brief description of why you believe you have OCPD.

Post subject: Re: OCPDonly is a private forum only for those with OCPD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:18 pm 

I have been a member of this group before but I have not been here regularly for many months. I have been diagnosed with OCPD by a psychiatrist. I currently have a name on the general ocpd board and that is Change4me. I would also like to be a part of the ocpd only board.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:21 pm 

Hi,

My new cbt therapist gave me a copy of a paper talking about OCPD and I fit the profile. I am eager to communicate with other folks with the same issues and find new ways of coping as the disorder is not a lot of fun.

Thanks

Arthur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:06 am 

I had a fight with my boyfriend 2 days ago, for 2 days I couldn't sleep because my brain wouldn't shut down. All I could think of was he was going to leave me, all other past fights we had kept going through my head, as well. I was in a panic and kept calling him which stressed and annoyed him. He wouldn't talk to me until I've calmed down and for his own sake, he needed the space. Concerned about my health and well being, he talked to me the morning after, telling me that it hurt him, made him feel like it was his fault that I wasn't sleeping and was in a huge panic. He said, now he's scared of upsetting me again coz he's worried I might hurt myself when I'm obsessing like that. That's when I realized that it's not just the usual "I'm being overpowered by my thoughts state". I used to think it was OCD but when I did research, I realized that it was actually more of OCPD. Then, I found this site which frankly I find useful coz I need to be around people who are going through the same thing. I took the Cammer Test and scored 81. I read some posts on the site but they were about partners of OCPD's. I felt like the outsider, frankly, it made me feel like they should have more sympathy for their partners.

I've always been uptight and rigid about things. Friends and family always thought of me as stubborn, bossy and bratty. I like getting things done my way. When I was still in school and there are group projects, I'm usually the leader and group members found it hard to get along with me. I like things done in certain ways and they think I'm a tyrant. When I"m upset, I tend to give the offender the "silent treatment", and punish them with my silence and let them figure out what's bothering me.

The thing is, I didn't realize how seriously it's affecting my boyfriend until 2 days ago. That's why I'm trying to find help. I can't keep going on like this.

So, I would appreciate it of you let me join the OCPD only private forum. Thanks.

Katie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:05 pm 

I have just been diagnosed and started a medical leave from work. It took a complete physical and mental breakdown for a diagnosis.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:55 pm 

Hi. I would like to join the OCPD-only section.

Interest awoken when informally taken OCD and OCPD quizes (scoring 1/10 and 9/10 respectively). Since then seen a psychiatrist 3 times. As yet no official diagnosis (I am expecting it to be OCPD, possibly with Asperger's Syndrome as well). Will be seeing a psychiatrist yet again this week. So far rather than rushing to diagnose me they've taken a more pragmatic approach to dealing with the complicated systems I've created for living life.

Meanwhile I've bought and have been reading 'Too Perfect', which describes me very well.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:08 am 

Hi,
Would really love to join to learn more..and could do with some support from similar minds.

About me: I've always known something was odd about my behaviour as a young teenager, obsessive thoughts, unreasonable worries and concerns.....I was always told "You worry too much" or "You think too much".....hmm.
Mid adulthood I became aware of my necessity to have things in their place and to have things done a certain way....I kinda tried to tell myself thats just the way I am...but inside knew it was a bit over the top and I did really want change...it was horrible. I described it as being locked inside myself.
More recently after struggling within my current relationship I had to take a deeper look at my part to play....and although painful and scary I have confirmed what I always knew. At a younger age I didn't know about OCPD, but thought I might have a mild form of OCB. My recent discovery of OCPD has left me feeling happy to find a clearer path to follow, but frighted of the cleaver controller (that lives within) and her sneaky ways of hiding and protecting herself. ..Who will I be if Im no longer me....? ....Has my ways of being, been an illusion of my true self all this time?
My drive to understand the mind has been a constant and now I become aware that that too is a trait of OCPD. Great....
....Is there anything that is still me after all these layers are removed?
Its all a bit much to chew and a scary road to travel, but Im glad to have started this journey and look forward to your support.

Thanking you in advance.
Be Free*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm 

Hello - Hubby and I have been in counseling for marriage and personal issues. A book was recommended, “Brain Lock: Free Yourself from Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior” (Jeffrey M. Schwartz, MD), for my husband. The introduction (pages xxiii-xxiv) gives a brief description of the difference between OCD and OCPD. I didn’t know there were two different conditions! Searching online I found the Cammer’s test and realized I have OCPD (especially the need to do things my way and be neat) and that it is challenging my marriage. I see now that my mother has this to a greater degree than I do. I also have self esteem insecurities and am working on that. It is so liberating to learn that there is a name for what I live with and that others like me want to share their stories and strategies. I very much want to learn from others and ask to become a member of the OCPD only forum.

Esther

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:32 pm 

Hi,

I would like to join this OCPD only part of this forum, because I'd like sharing daily life events.
In february 2011 I'm diagnosed with OCPD and I'm advised learning different copingsstragies, after lots of quirrels with my partner.
Social work, reflecting and time-out procedures helped us both getting diagnosed;
I'm the only one with ocpd here, and on this forum I would like to meet others and their copingsstragegies.

Greetz,
rainboweye :geek:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 am 

I am new to this site and belong to general public, but i am diagnosed OCPD have been for years. I would like to be in this forum for support

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:48 pm 

I have been recently diagnosed with OCPD by my therapist. I have always had the need for things to be in their place. I have a hard time being able to relax if things in my home are not in order. Dishes in the sink, clothes on the floor, finger prints on the glass. These are just a few of the things that constantly cause me stress. My wife of 2 years is not a neat person and I don't want my problem to interfere with our marriage. I really would like to be able to talk to other people that are dealing with the same things I am. If you could add me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:44 am 

My best friend and I both struggle with OCPD, but recently hers has gotten worse as she prepares to leave for college. I want to help her and in turn help myself and learn about effective ways to control the symptoms. This support group seems just like the place to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:03 am 

Hi:
I would like to join OCPD only.I have been diagnosed with it by psychologist.
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:21 am 

I've known I was messed up since i was a kid. For a long time I just thought I was weird, but my relationships have been hell. About 10 years ago my boss suggested I might be on the autism spectrum and for a long time I thought that was the answer. I re-read OCPD about a week ago and was stunned...this is me! It's just taken a long time to be able to admit my ways are not "right" and that although I don't get the whole neurotypical perspective, it seems my choices are ti get with the program or be lonely forever.

I am not diagnosed. I want to improve, but I am dubious about treatment.

Post subject: Please let me join
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:43 am 

Hi,

This is the first time I am acknowledging that I have OCPD. When I was first diagnosed, I didn't think it was an issue because it wasn't affecting my daily life. Then I went through a traumatic event that sent me into a psychotic break, at age 18. The past four years of school I have watched myself get progressively worse and I have refused to see a counselor, mostly because I was too anxious and every time I picked up the phone I would panic and hang up. I have finally realized that I need to come to terms with this but I am not a very emotional person and I do not open up to anyone. I can't tell my friends, because I am scared of their reactions.

I have a lot more to my story but I am not that comfortable sharing yet. I would really like to hear the stories of others so I could maybe start feeling less alone.

Please let me join, I don't know where else to go.
Thanks.