I feel the need today to talk about my OCPD BF. I am a "stayer"--11 months so far. I usually come here for advice or vent or gain solace in our shared frustrations. None of those things have (or will) changed, sadly, but I stay because the good so greatly outweighs the challenges.
1. He is hysterical--purposefully bad puns, corny jokes, the whole bit.
2. He can use medical lingo (with cute mistakes and mispronunciations that he does not mind being corrected about) and enjoys hearing about my surgical cases and even likes when I have photos!
3. He's a "pasty white boy" who can bust out rap lyrics appropriate to any situation.
4. He knows the words to every song The Smiths ever did.
5. He donates money--and more importantly, time--to charity. His current life insurance beneficiary is a charity.
6. He was the first to say "I love you" and says it every day.
7. When we were first dating and he went camping out in a very desolate area for cell service, he still called me every night, even though he had to stand "like the statue of Liberty" to get service.
8. He fixed my bike, he's good with cars, he can build stuff.
9. He makes good coffee and delicious eggs for breakfast. He even has tried to make a few gluten free meals for me.
10. On our first date, I wrecked his foil-type kite into the ground multiple times (luckily no lasting damage). I was frustrated but wanted to continue until I "got" it if he would let me because I didn't want to break anything. He said my tenacity that day was like a "Faberge Egg moment" for him.
11. He is respectful when he talks to wait staff. He does not speak down or demean those below him.
12. He loves animals (although not their hair and spit, lol).
13. He keeps his promises.
14. He enjoys live music--bonus that we have the same tastes!
15. He taught me how to kayak.
16. He gave me a trip to the beach for 4 days for an Xmaspresent (coming up next month!).
17. He only fixes things the "right" way (double meaning noted!).
18. He will always defer to anyone who is an "SME" (subject matter expert). On some things that is me!
19. Is a gracious winner (at Rummy every time) and checkers (when I beat him, regularly)
20. He doesn't let me pay when we go out, even when I invite him.
21. He is a fantastic athlete.
22. He texts me the moment he wakes up every morning. We talk last thing before we go to bed every night.
23. He trusts me with his dogs.
24. He is very supportive of my sport (dressage), has come to many competitions, and offers to video tape each one. He helps around the show grounds and pitches in to help me and my friends.
25. And the last thing I can think of off the top of my head: He is super handsome, super fancy, and super fun!