Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Has anybody read this book?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:53 am 

Hello

Has anybody read this book and found it helpful? I have searched for book recommendations, but only ever find "too perfect".

Thanks

I will survive

Post subject: Re: Has anybody read this book?
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:13 pm 

Hi! i havent read your book but i wondered if you have read "too perfect"?

I like your name btw! :)

Best Regards Jens

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 am 

Here's a short audio of this book. @ around the 5:10 mark, it mentions that the non-spouse can get upset or resentful of the person who has OCPD, if that person doesn't "trust" them to do whatever project correctly.....

I have heard the many horror stories here of the nit picking, rigid rules, crumbs on the counter, etc, that OCPD perpetuates .....but, which person would be the better partner to fix this impasse...? I know I am bewildered many times in my 20 year marriage in trying to understand why my wife can't get my actions....weird it is...

SOHC

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=reV_7RtAHnA

Conscientiousness is the defining feature of OCPD from which many of the other symptoms follow. http://sgo.sagepub.com/content/3/3/2158244013500675

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:28 pm 

Yes, I just did last night ! I found it on Amazon last Friday after having my diagnosis confirmed last week. It is short 60 pages, easy to read in less than an hour. It beautifully gave an overall explanation of OCPD. It does not go into specific types of medications or how to do different forms of therapy (a therapist will guide you to good books and techniques for that). BUT I am going to have my husband and family read it. I think it is an excellent tool to solidify the diagnosis for both the sufferer and the "victims". I highly recommend it !