Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder Support Group

A support group for those with OCPD and their loved ones.
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ocpd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: crazy rules
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 pm 

how to get a particular thing done: make a list of things to do, and don't put that thing on the list. :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:19 am 

Rule for the day - removing too much carpet from a room can kill a pet rabbit, so we must relocate said bunny to another room which hasn't been destroyed by said bunny. (Keep in mind that we are removing the carpet to replace it with hardwood floors).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:43 pm 

He has to control all the buttons in the car. I must not touch them.
He is obsessed with the air flow in a room or a car. For example, I never place the fan just right to suck the air out of a room. He thinks that I am just not trying, thereby forcing him to get up off the bed to adjust it the correct way.
Do not answer the phone if it is for him. If I accidentally answer it before I see who is on caller ID, and if it is for him, he lets me know how displeased he is.
No dirty dishes can be in the sink. They must be pulled out of the sink and scattered all over the counter.
Have the rooms spring cleaned by the time he gets home or he will be displeased. He would rather have it nasty under something and have the furniture in the correct place, no matter how much filth is hiding.
Must have milk at every meal, or he lets me know about it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:43 pm 

All Xmas presents must be opened in the specific order that they are stacked in. ie a geometrically shaped stack with the largest present on the bottom , immaterial of cost or importance ascending vertically in a Pyramid shape. Any non adherence to the rule invokes a voice that the neighbors 3 doors away can hear. Its ok my ears have stopped bleeding now though the doctor says the perforated eardrum will take a little longer to heal

Happy holidays. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 am 

McAnal wrote:
Pinocchio wrote:
I don't believe that it is the crazy rules that are the issue. Its the hell ya catch if you break one. This may include hours, days or weeks of grief..

Ok, I agree with that. The reaction should definitely be the issue, not the rule itself. But to me, this thread and the previous one sound like they are making a mockery of the rules that your OCPD'er has, when pretty much anyone has weird rules that could be put on display and publicly mocked. I can understand a post about the reaction or aftermath of breaking rules, I don't understand a post just saying "here's all the crazy rules my SO has" cause to me that's just finger pointing and your SO could probably get on here and list a few of your crazy rules to make you look like an idiot as well.

So is this implying that "all" "rules" are to be excepted?

Looking outside the box for just a moment. Why then do "laws" exist, if everyone in the world is on equal footing and entitled to the reality they perceive. I guess the theory of being accountable for "minority" thinking should be totally out of the question then!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:21 am 

Paper filters for the coffee maker need to be in a plastic bag. This is to stop them going off!!!!!

Actually they are stored just fine in the cardboard box they came in. What actually goes off is the coffee thats been opened(and re-sealed) which I cant make as we don't know where the paper filters are we require to make it. Dooh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:52 pm 

I don't have crazy rules...I have requests that if they aren't met, I let drop unless it causes undue financial hardship or emotional damage. I find ways to compromise and be reasonable. I think that is another difference between a so called Norm and the OCPD'r. Inconsistency falls under the lines of crazy rules I think...for example

If DD is on my watch and it looks like I might be getting her to bed later than she should be I'll start hearing about it at 7:00. At 8:30 - 9:00 when I push her to get to bed I will be met with...she needs to do this first etc... When DD is on OCPDH watch, I might come home from work late on a school night to find they aren't even home much less in bed. Where are you, it's 10:30...grocery store...needed a few things." Like it's the perfectly normal activity and I dare not say anything about it.

Last edited by MC1312 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:37 pm 

MC1213,
Your DD is very young. How does she manage in school the next day after going to bed that late?

“ When people show you who they are, believe them, the first time."
― Maya Angelou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:51 pm 

more-freedom wrote:
MC1213,
Your DD is very young. How does she manage in school the next day after going to bed that late?

She does very well considering. Ahead of her game actually...despite us!

Last edited by MC1312 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:36 pm 

Potato chips must be eaten with the bag as wide open as possible.
Only One can be removed from the bag at a time
Attempting to pick 2 invokes some slight rustling of the packet.
This audible warning invokes the death Stare( I barely survived this afternoon, I just managed to glance to the side of her)
The bag must be kept in a vertical position and not held by the other hand. Or else the packet will rustle.

I just asked my wife what was the matter today....??

It took her a couple of minutes but eventually she found something....!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:04 pm 

guy wrote:
Potato chips must be eaten with the bag as wide open as possible.
Only One can be removed from the bag at a time
Attempting to pick 2 invokes some slight rustling of the packet.

Wow, you can eat out of the bag? That is a no no at our house, chips, crackers and such must be poured into ones own bowl, we would not want to contaminate the whole bag, now would we? And I don't want to eat anything in the bag after you have had your hands in there. I can see this in the workplace or at parties because who knows where those hands have been but at home? Come on....

I was wishing that OCPDH could have seen this TV cooking episode recently where this Chef cooks with his kid. They had their fingers in and out of the food, tasting it, sharing spoons and even commenting on sharing a little spit in the family (not in a restuarant setting of course). I'll be he would have been horrified!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:59 pm 

Ugh. I'll list A FEW...

Beginning social rules( beginning of marriage, he had to learn better social rules over time because his were just rude and unacceptable to me):
-don't even acknowledge or introduce your spouse to a new person or group of people because IT IS RUDE.
Currently:
-you must fix your breakfast in the same, seven step order, every day
-you must have a spoon for your bowl and a separate spoon for the sugar bowl
-one is responsible for their own dirty dishes
--all AC adapters must be unplugged when not in use to "cool off"
-all lights not in use must be turned off to save electricity
-you must shave using three razors:electrical, plain one, and one other for sideburns
-you must shower after using the restroom
-his laundry must be done his way, including ironing, folding,and putting away
-dishwasher must be loaded his way (or he'll undo it)
-no form of affection publicly can be shown, not even an "I love you" on Facebook (oh, but it's ok if his Mom does it)
-the dogs wet paws must be wiped off with a paper towel
-you must only do the activities that make YOU feel comfortable

I can go on and on...
I'm enjoying this thread. It's good to know I'm not alone.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:49 am 

My DH uses the left side sink in our bathroom. He uses the left side towel cubby. His towel should hang on the left side of the towel bar. I use the right side sink, the right side towel cubby and my towel hangs on the right side of the rack. The towels on the towel bar should match. The remaining towels in the cubby should match. If your towel is dirty on the rack and you remove a towel from your cubby, both towels on the rack should be deemed dirty and replaced thus allowing you to use next matching fresh towels from the cubbies in unison leaving the remaining towels in the cubby to match. If for any reason DH should use a towel from his side without also removing the matching towel from my side and if for any reason the towels get off kilter in the cubbies and his side is short a few towels or the remaining colors don't matching my remaining colors the only thing left to do is to remove all dirty towels to laundry room immediately, wash all, fold and replace all towels clean in cubby in matching order properly folded with a new matching set hanging on the rack ready to be used.

Now. Order has been restored and towel usage can resume.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:08 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:30 pm 

I shall not be allowed to wear my grey Jacket (which she seems to have taken an instant dislike to, that fine by me just her opinion against mine ) but.
Her "Its too hot, you cant wear that , you don't need it"
Me , spoken calmly " I have been outside all morning and its freezing and I am wearing it if I go back out"
Her, "You will be way TOO warm"
Me "I don't know how you can guess if I will be warm as you havent even been outside"
Her " You look ridiculous"
Me, still calmly " Why should I break the habit of a lifetime"
Her , grimaces ,face pulling gurning as she knows I am going to wear it. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next